The Seiko SSA172 is a 43mm men’s automatic watch with a stainless steel case and a black analog dial protected by hardlex crystal.
It uses a 4R37 caliber self-winding mechanical movement that can be manually wound and hacked (the second hand stops when the crown is pulled out). It ticks 6 times per second which gives the second hand a smoother movement than quartz watches which tick once per second.
The watch should run for up to 41 hours when fully wound and will self-wind when moved.
- Stainless steel case with a stainless steel bracelet.
- Fixed yellow gold-plated bezel.
- Black dial with luminous hands and index hour markers.
- Minute markers around the outer rim.
- Dial Type: Analog. Luminescent hands and markers.
- Date display between 3 and 4 o’clock positions.
- 24 hour sub-dial between the 7 and 8 o’clock positions.
- Automatic movement.
- Scratch resistant Hardlex crystal.
- Skeleton case back.
- Case diameter: 43 mm. Case thickness: 13 mm.
- Round case shape.
- Band width: 20 mm. Band length: 8.75 inches.
- Fold over clasp with push button release.
- Water resistant at 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Casual watch style.