The SEIKO 5 Sports SNZF22J1 Sea Urchin is not fancy, but a solid, reliable, that has an amazing Japan Made specs for the price.
The face is comparable to a Submariner. There are large lumed circular hour markers, with bars at 6 and 9 o’clock and the double triangle at 12. The hands are hard, lumed and easy to read, as is the minute train on the outside of the dial. The Seiko 5 logo is proudly displayed at the top, and the specs are clearly displayed at 6 o’clock. It has a nice polished clasp with a safety, which is not something all watches at this level have. It is also micro-adjustable, to help you fit it to your wrist. It’s a standard 3 link style band, made of stainless steel. The case is very solidly designed, with polished sides and brushed steel lugs. The crown is recessed nicely to protect it, at 3 o’clock too. The back is a display (see-through) case which is great to see on such a watch.
The Movement is super reliable, used on tonnes of different Seiko models, and has great specs too. Seiko SNZF22J1 “Sea Urchin” Is Your Ultimate Submariner Styled Value Watch:
- Automatic (self-winding)
- 41+ hours power reserve
- Day/Date complication
- Gold Tone with Strong Luminous Hands and Markers
- Day and Date display at 3 o’clock position
- Gold-Plated Stainless Steel Case
- See Through Case Back
- Crown at 3 o’clock position which is used to adjust the hour and minutes hands and the calendar
- Solid Stainless Steel Three Fold clasp
- Seiko Signature on the Bracelet Clasp
100 m (10 ATM)